Wednesday 12 February 2014

Some Southsea Pubs

9/2/14

South West Trains are doing a weekend return anywhere on their network for £10 so I took up their offer and got a train to Portsmouth & Southsea station.

On my way to the first pub I passed by the Guildhall.

a very impressive building



And so to the first pub. Another one with its own brewery on site, The Brewhouse & Kitchen.



A half of each of  3 beers brewed there was drunk: Troubleshooter 4%, Inspector (Blackberry Wheat) 4.2% and Island City 5%. I also had a half of Weird Beard - Holy Hoppin' Hell 9.6%

some more interior photos




and the brewery









next stop was the Lawrence Arms, a proper back street corner local





for a pint of Irving - Ilustrious 4.7%



and some interior photos







Then to the Leopold Tavern





This was the choice of ales: I had a half of numbers 1 and 6




And more photos of the inside










with a TARDIS in the back garden



The penultimate pub was the Hole In The Wall for a half of Weird Beard - Kentish Town 5.2%








I finished at the Isambard Kingdom Brunel (Wetherspoons) for halves of Adnams - Stone  Double IPA 8.5%, Oakleaf - Pot Kettle Black 4.8% Banks's - California Session IPA 4.8%


Big thanks to Sheena and Stuart for driving me around the pubs.


3 comments: