Saturday 12 November 2011

Another new London brewery and 2 new pubs

Wednesday 9th November saw the launch of London's latest brewery. Tap East is located in the bar of the same name in the Westfield shopping centre in Stratford. Nearest station is Stratford International (now also on the Docklands Light Railway so I got a new bit of line and a new station visit). Their first brew was called Extra Stout at 6.6% but to me tasted nearer a barley wine. Very pleasant drink though. I also had 2 other excellent ales: St Peters (website) Hop Harvest 4.0% and Arbor (website) Powerhouse Porter 4.0%. 6 handpumps available so you should find something you like there.

Tap East viewed from outside

Some happy beer tickers or scoopers and a pen tester

Bar
Bar
Brewery

Then I went to Canonbury station for the Snooty Fox. Located almost opposite the station, walk left as you exit the station. I had an excellent pint of Windsor and Eton's Knight of the Garter. Also on was Sambrook Wandle and Truman's Runner brewed at Nethergate and St Austell' Tribute.


Outside of Snooty Fox
 
Bar

I believe the Snooty Fox only sells real ales from independent brewerys.  It also has a vinyl jukebox with lots of 60's and 70's music. Very dark inside mind you, which doesn't appeal to me, but the beer was good and it was only a short visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment